TSOP IR Receiver for ARDUINO AVR
- Very low supply current
- Photo-detector and preamplifier in one package
- Internal filter for PCM frequency
- Improved shielding against EMI
- Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Improved immunity against ambient light
TSOP is a member of IR remote control receiver series. This IR sensor module consists of a PIN diode and a pre amplifier which are embedded into a single package. The output of TSOP is active low and it gives +5V in off state. When IR waves, from a source, with a centre frequency of 38 kHz incident on it, its output goes low. Lights coming from sunlight, fluorescent lamps etc. may cause disturbance to it and result in undesirable output even when the source is not transmitting IR signals. A bandpass filter, an integrator stage and an automatic gain control are used to suppress such disturbances.