Aluminum Flexible Coupling Coupler Helical Shaft 5mm x 8mm
- Corrosion resistance and High Durability
- One piece construction with long-lasting performance
- Torsional stiffness: Zero backlash
- Low moment of inertia offering constant velocity
Aluminum Helical Shaft 5mm x 8mm
This Aluminum Helical Shaft 5mm x 8mm flexible type motor coupling can connect your driving shaft with the driven shaft while it is very efficient in eliminating any misalignment to the possible extent.
Aluminum Helical Shaft 5mm x 8mm Flexible coupling with the outer diameter of 19mm and the length of 25mm is machined aluminum coupling.
First bore diameter is 5mm and the second bore diameter is of 8mm.
It comes with the spiral cut in the middle along its length which makes it flexible so they can be fit to two shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
Such couplings are also known as beam coupling, helical coupling, flexible coupling.
Some of the important features of flexible shaft coupling are,
- Helical cut makes them behave like a springy in the X Y and Z linear axis but not in the rotational axis. That means that you won’t get more backlash, hence they are suitable for precision CNC work.
- A coupling is a device which transmits power and torque. Couplings do not normally allow disconnection of shafts during operation.
- However, there are torque limiting couplings which can slip or disconnect when some torque limit exceeds.
- By careful selection, installation and maintenance of couplings, substantial savings are possible in reduced maintenance costs and downtime.
- It can protect the driving and driven shaft members against harmful effects because of misalignment of the shafts, sudden shock loads, shaft expansion or vibrations etc.