A4988 driver Stepper Motor Driver
- Automatic current decay mode detection/choice.
- Mixed with slow current decay mode.
- The low power dissipation of synchronous rectifier.
- Internal UVLO(ultra voltage lockout).
- Crossover current protection.
- Thermal shutdown circuit.
- Ground fault protection.
- Loading and short circuit protection.
- The optional five-step mode: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16.
Driver Stepper Motor Driver
The A4988 driver Stepper Motor Driver is a complete micro-stepping motor driver with built-in converter, easy to operate. It operates from 8 V to 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
A4988 driver Stepper Motor Driver includes a fixed off-time current regulator, the regulator can be in slow or mixed decay mode. The converter is the key to the easy implementation of the A4988.
There are no phase sequence tables, the high-frequency control interface programming etc. The application of A4988 interface is very suitable for a complex microprocessor is not available or overload. In the stepping operation, the chopping control in the A4988 automatically selects the current decay mode (slow or mixed).
The mix decay current control scheme can reduce the audible motor noise, increased step accuracy, and reduced power consumption.
Provide internal synchronous rectification control circuitry, in order to improve the pulse width modulation (PWM) power consumption during operation.