L298N 2A Current Motor Driver Board
- Lo Logical voltage: 5V
- Drive voltage: 5V-35V
- Logical current: 0-36mA
- Drive current: 2A (max. single bridge)
- Max power: 25W
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 28 (LxWxH)mm
- Weight: 26 gm
L298N motor driver
L298N motor driver IC and has an onboard 5V regulator which it can supply to an external circuit. It can control up to 4 DC motors, or 2 DC motors with directional and speed control.This motor driver is perfect for robotics and mechatronics projects and perfect for controlling motors from microcontrollers, switches, relays, etc. Perfect for driving DC and Stepper motors for micro mouse, line following robots, robot arms, etc.
L298N motor driver is perfect for robotics and mechatronics projects and perfect for controlling motors from microcontrollers, switches, relays, etc. Perfect for driving DC and Stepper motors for micro mouse, line following robots, robot arms, etc.
L298N Motor Driver Module is an H-Bridge is a circuit that can drive a current in either polarity and be controlled by Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).
Pulse Width Modulation is a means of controlling the duration of an electronic pulse. In motors try to imagine the brush as a water wheel and electrons as the flowing droplets of water.
The voltage would be the water flowing over the wheel at a constant rate, the more water flowing the higher the voltage.
Motors are rated at certain voltages and can be damaged if the voltage is applied to heavily or if it is dropped quickly to slow the motor down.
Features of L298N Motor Driver :-
- Driver chip: L298 dual H-bridge driver chip.
- Operates up to 35V DC
- Drive part of the peak current Io: 2A / Bridge
- Logical part of the terminal power supply range Vss :4.5V-5.5V
- Logical part of the operating current range: 0 ~ 36mA
- Maximum power consumption: 20W
- Out 1: Motor A lead out
- Out 2: Motor A lead out
- Out 3: Motor B lead out
- Out 4: Mo (Can actually be from 5v-35v, just marked as 12v)
- GND: Ground
- 5v: 5v input (unnecessary if your power source is 7v-35v, if the power source is 7v-35v then it can act as a 5v out)
- EnA: Enables PWM signal for Motor A (Please see the “Arduino Sketch Considerations” section)
- In1: Enable Motor A
- In2: Enable Motor A
- In3: Enable Motor B
- In4: Enable Motor B
- EnB: Enables PWM signal for Motor B
H-bridges are typically used in controlling motors speed and direction but can be used for other projects such as driving the brightness of certain lighting projects such as high powered LED arrays.
Click here for more details!!